Welcome to Maple Leaf Soccer Club - Saturday Outdoor Soccer
We look forward to you joining us for our 18th season as registration for the 2021 Outdoor program is now open. Below is some important information about our upcoming outdoor program. For full registration details please see below.
To register for our Saturday Outdoor Program, please click HERE.
For a summary of our Outdoor Rules, please click on Outdoor League Rules.
If you wish to make a player swap during the season you must complete the following Player Change Form and send to the league.
SOCCER IS BACK! - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR 2021 OUTDOOR SEASON
Registration is currently open for our Men's 2021 Outdoor Soccer Program. We are expecting our outdoor season to start on Sunday, June 13 and run until September 26 (12 weeks).
All programming will be based on the Ontario Soccer's Return to Play Guidelines and approved by the Provincial and Regional Health Authorities. We'll be combining both our Saturday and Sunday leagues and playing on Sunday mornings/afternoons in the McCowan/Steeles area. You can register with your team, as a small group or as an individual. Spaces are limited!
2021 Outdoor Season Details
- Games take place on Sunday mornings/afternoons in the McCowan/Steeles area ranging in time from 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis
- The season will start on Sunday June 13 and will conclude on September 26 (12 weeks). There will be no games played on long weekends
- Weekly stats are posted for all games
- You can register as an individual, with a group of friends or with your existing team.
- Team rosters will be limited to 12 players and games will be played 7 v 7 based on Ontario Soccer's Return to Play Guidelines
- Fields and nets will be modified to accommodate 7 v 7 play
- Games will be 2 x 35 minutes
- Games will be reffed by one official - no offsides will be called
- Teams will be assigned to a Division of 4 teams (we will group teams as best as possible by skill level). After the first 6 weeks, teams will be reassigned into new Divisions for the second half of the season. You will only play teams within your division.
- Teams will not be able to switch players on their 12 player roster after the first game. There will be an opportunity for teams to replace players after the first 6 week session for a $25 fee.
- If we're unable to start the season for any reason, players will receive a full refund
- No refunds will be issued to players for any reason as long as the City of Markham allows us to run our league
- If the City of Markham forces our league to shut down the season early once the season starts, players will be issued prorated refunds based on the number of games remaining, minus a $15 processing fee.
- Players will be required to conduct a self assessment COVID-19 check prior to every game. No player will be allowed to play if they do not complete or fail to pass the assessment
Registering a Team
The cost of registering a team for the 2021 outdoor season is $1,920 = $160 x 12 players. This includes all ref fees for the season. Teams can secure a team spot by paying a deposit of $1,120 (7 players). The remainder of fees ($800) will be due on June 1. Teams will have a maximum of 12 players on their squad. A fully refundable bond of $250 is also required from all teams before the start of the season.
Registering as an Individual/Small Group
The cost for registering as an individual or a small group is $175/player. This will include a numbered t-shirt and will also include all referee fees. If you wish to register as an individual/small group we will be setting aside spots to accommodate players however spaces will be limited.
The majority of games will take place in the McCowan/Steeles area in Markham.
2019 CHAMPIONS CROWNED!
The season ended on a high note as long time rivals S.C.S.C. and the Super Eagles met in the league finals for the fourth time, with S.C.S.C. holding a 2-1 advantage. Super Eagles opened the scoring in the first half with a goal from Nathan Brutus. S.C.S.C. stormed back in the second half with two goals from Asa Cotter and it looked as if they were going to claim their fourth championship title since 2010. However, on the last play of the game, the Super Eagles keeper Lorne Reano buried a header off a corner kick to send the game into extra time. After extra time didn't produce a winner, it went to penalty kicks. Again, Lorne was the hero making a key stop early to put the Eagles ahead and setting the stage for Alain Akoa (aka Papa) to clinch the title. Lorne was deservedly named the MVP of the finals.
It was one of the most exciting finals in the last 17 years and capped an amazing ending to the season. Hopefully these teams will have the opportunity to meet up one more time in the league finals to break the tie!
Thanks to all teams who participated in the league this year. Hope to see you back on the pitch in 2020!
Congratulations to Take Aim FC for capturing the regular season championship. Antonio Maragozidis of Super Eagles takes home the Golden Boot with 11 goals and teammate Lorne Reano captured the Golden Glove by only allowing 8 goals during the regular season. Great season guys!
SUPER EAGLES - 2019 Playoff Champions
ANTONIO MARAGOZIDIS - Golden Boot Award Winner
S.C.S.C. - 2019 Playoff Finalists
TAKE AIM FC - 2019 Regular Season Champions