Welcome to Maple Leaf Soccer Club - Saturday Outdoor Soccer
We look forward to you joining us for our 15th season as registration for the 2017 Outdoor program is now open. The season will be starting on Saturday May 13. Below is some important information about our upcoming outdoor program. For full registration details please see below.
To register for our Saturday Outdoor Program, please click HERE.
For a summary of our Outdoor Rules, please click on Outdoor League Rules.
If you wish to make a player swap during the season you must complete the following Player Change Form and send to the league.
SUPER EAGLES - PLAYOFF CHAMPIONS!
After both Semifinals needed penalty kicks to determine the advancing teams, the finals were no different as Remy Boys and Super Eagles played a back and forth 90 minutes with neither team able to break through with a goal. Extra time didn't produce a winner and it took 9 rounds of penalty kicks before Super Eagles finally came out on top! Special congrats to Ben Anozie for being named finals MVP! Super Eagles win their third league championship, with their last title coming in 2014. Thanks to all teams for a great season and hope to see you back next summer!
Congratulations to Indomitable Lions for capturing first place in the regular season. Special congrats also go out to Adrian Barriffe of Remy Boyz and Marcel Browning of Super Eagles for winning the Golden Boot award. Each player ended up with 13 goals during the season. Marcel is now a 7 time winner of the coveted award, taking home the leading scorer title in 4 of the past 5 years. He won his first Golden Boot back in 2009. Amazing accomplishment!!
TOURNAMENT - FINALS
Congrats to We Dem Boys and United FC for capturing the Archangel Cup in their respective divisions. We Dem Boys outlasted Metro 08 in a tightly contested game that needed extra time and penalty kicks to determine the champion. Well done guys!!
INDOOR REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
We have opened up registration for our Indoor programs starting in November. We will he having both recreational and competitive programs on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. Check the Indoor Section of our website for more details.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK - WEEK 11
Congrats to Cole Cleland of Young Boys for being selected Player of the Week in Week 11 with a 2 goal performance against We Dem Boys. Well done!
Check out our Instagram page @mapleleafsoccer for pics of all award winners during the season!
DEADLINE FOR ROSTER CHANGES
The deadline to make any final additions/switches to team rosters was July 15. Teams will need to maintain their current rosters for the rest of the season.
2017 Outdoor Season Details
- Games take place on Saturday mornings/afternoons in the Eglinton/Pharmacy area ranging in time from 10am to 3pm
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis
- The season will start on May 13 and the season will end the last weekend in September (games not played on long weekends)
- Teams will be guaranteed a minimum of 13 games, up to a maximum of 18 games
- In addition to our 13 game regular season, we will be hosting our 14th annual Archangel Cup tournament midway through the season. All teams qualify for the tournament at no extra cost
- Trophies will be awarded at the end of the season for the regular season champions, both playoff champions and finalists, Golden Boot winners and Play-off MVPs
- Weekly stats are posted on all games
- You can register as an individual, with a group of friends or with your existing team. Games will consist of 11 on 11 play (including a goalie)
- All games are officiated by certified referees (1 ref in the middle and 2 linesmen)
- We will conclude our season with an exciting round of playoffs for each division
Registering a Team
The cost of registering a team for the 2017 outdoor season is $110/player (excluding ref fees). Teams are required to have a minimum of 16 players on their squad. Ref fees for the season total $1,040/team and can be paid in 2 installments throughout the season. Therefore, the total cost for a team of 18 individuals would be approximately $165/player which would cover all registration and ref fees. Teams with more than 18 players would be paying lower fees. Teams are required to provide a deposit of 9 player's registration fees ($990) to secure their spot for the upcoming season. A fully refundable bond of $250 is also required from all teams before the start of the season.
Registering as an Individual/Small Group
The cost for registering as an individual or a small group is $190/player. This will include a full uniform (numbered jersey top, shorts, socks) and will also include all referee fees. If you wish to register as an individual/small group we will be setting aside spots to accommodate players however spaces will be limited.
The majority of games will take place in the Eglinton/Pharmacy area in Scarborough. Our home fields are the Wexford Hydro Fields at Eglinton/Pharmacy however we also have games at other fields in Scarborough (L’Amoreaux Park) during the season. For the Archangel Cup Tournament, some teams will be required to play on Sundays in Markham.