Welcome to St. Michael’s Soccer Club - Sunday Outdoor Soccer
We look forward to you joining us for our 17th season as registration for the 2017 Outdoor program will be starting in March 2017. Below is some important information about our upcoming outdoor program. For full registration details, please see below.
To register for our Sunday Outdoor Program, please click HERE.
For a summary of our Outdoor Rules, please click HERE to view on the details.
The deadline for swapping or adding any additional players has passed. Teams will have to remain with their set rosters for the remainder of the season.
SEMIFINALS ON SEPTEMBER 24TH
The playoffs will continue this Sunday with Semifinal matches at both Elson and Coppard Park. You can CLICK HERE to view the game times and field locations. If games are tied after regulation, winners will be determined by penalty kicks. (5 kickers per team)
Congratulations to Net 6 and Chill and Markham United for capturing first place in the regular season for their respective divisions. Special congrats also go out to Stephen Piliotis of Net 6 and Chill and Sean Lee of FC CPU for winning the Golden Boot award in their divisions. Both Michael and Sean ended up with 15 and 9 goals, respectively.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR OUR FALL 2017 INDOOR SEASON
Registration is now open for our Fall indoor season. Games will be taking place on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights at the Ultra Sports Centres in the Birchmount and Ellesmere area. We have multiple divisions of play over the 3 nights. Registration is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. For more information about our indoor program, please choose the night of play you are interested in from the Indoor Soccer drop down menu at the top of the page.
Limited Space Remaining for Both Teams and Individuals
Our outdoor season will be starting on Sunday May 14, 2017. We have limited space remaining for both teams and individuals in both divisions. The opening day schedule will be posted by Monday May 8th.
All captains will be emailed with instructions for the first game this upcoming week. The first week of games on May 14th will be exhibition matches in order to finalize division placements. We are asking that all player fees are submitted by May 11, 2017 at the latest.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 416-817-8844. Thanks!
2017 Outdoor Season Details
- Games take place on Sunday mornings/afternoons in the McCowan and Steeles area ranging in time from 9a.m. to 2:30p.m.
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis
- We will be fielding 16-20 teams with 2 divisions of play (competitive and recreational)
- Teams will be guaranteed a minimum of 13 games, up to a maximum of 18 games
Archangel Cup Tournament
- In addition to our 13 game regular season, we will be hosting our 13th annual Archangel Cup tournament midway through the season. All teams qualify for the tournament at no extra cost
- Trophies will be awarded at the end of the season for the regular season champions, both playoff champions and finalists, Golden Boot winners and Play-off MVPs
- Weekly stats are posted on all games
- You can register as an individual, with a group of friends or with your existing team. Games will consist of 11-on11 play (including a goalie)
- All games are officiated by certified referees (1 ref in the middle and 2 linesmen)
- We will also conclude our season with an exciting round of playoffs for each division
Registering a Team
The cost of registering a team for the 2016 outdoor season is $110/player (excluding ref fees). Teams are required to have a minimum of 16 players on their squad. Ref fees for the season total $1,040/team and can be paid in 2 installments throughout the season. Therefore, the total cost for a team of 18 individuals would be approximately $165/player which would cover all registration and ref fees. Teams with more than 18 players would be paying lower fees. Teams are required to provide a deposit of 9 players registration fees ($990) to secure their spot for the upcoming season. A fully refundable bond of $250 is also required from all teams before the start of the season.
Registering as an Individual/Small Group
The cost for registering as an individual or a small group is $190/player. This will include a full uniform (numbered jersey top, shorts, socks) and will also include all referee fees. If you wish to register as an individual/small group both leagues will be setting aside spots to accommodate players however spaces will be limited.
All games will take place in the McCowan and Steeles area. Games will take place at either Elson Park, Coppard park, Middlefield Collegiate Institute or Milliken Mills High School. For the Archangel Cup Tournament, some teams will be required to play on Saturdays at the Wexford Hydro Fields.