The Archangel Cup Tournament
The Archangel Cup Tournament is a 13 year tradition amongst St. Michaels Soccer Club and Maple Leaf Soccer Club and provides the players and teams an opportunity for interleague play and to face opponents they would not face during the regular season.
The first round of the tournament typically occurs in the last weekend in June. Subsequent rounds of the tournament occur on select Saturdays or Sundays or weeknights throughout the remainder of the outdoor season and the tournament generally concludes in September. Trophies are awarded to both the tournament finalists and champions and the winners in each division get their team name engraved on the coveted Archangel Cup trophy.
- ONE TEAM WILL ADVANCE PER GROUP
- IF TEAMS DO NOT HAVE 7 PLAYERS DRESSED ON THE FIELD 5 MINUTES PAST THE SCHEDULED START TIME, THE GAME WILL BE DEFAULTED AND THE TEAM WILL LOSE 2-0
- IF GAMES ARE TIED AFTER REGULATION TIME (45 MINUTES), GAMES WILL GO STRAIGHT TO PENALTY KICKS AND ONLY PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT THE END OF REGULATION TIME WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO TAKE PENALTY KICKS
- THERE WILL BE 5 PENALTY KICKS FOR EACH TEAM
- IF THE SCORE AFTER REGULATION IS 1-1, AND THE PENALTY KICK RESULT IS 3-2, THE FINAL SCORE OF THE GAME WILL BE RECORDED AS 2-1
- TEAMS WILL BE GIVEN 3 POINTS FOR A WIN IN REGULATION TIME, 2 POINTS FOR A WIN AFTER PENALTY KICKS AND 0 POINTS FOR A LOSS.
- IF TEAMS ARE TIED IN POINTS AFTER ROUND ROBIN, TEAMS WILL BE RANKED BY HEAD TO HEAD MATCHUPS
- IF TEAMS ARE STILL TIED, TEAMS WILL BE RANKED BY GOAL DIFFERENTIAL
- IF TEAMS ARE STILL TIED, TEAMS WILL BE RANKED BY GOALS SCORED
- IF TEAMS ARE STILL TIED, ALL TEAMS WILL RETAKE PENALTY KICKS TO DETERMINE WHO WILL ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ROUND
- TEAMS ADVANCING TO THE SECOND ROUND WILL HAVE GAMES SCHEDULED LATER IN SEPTEMBER – TBA
- CHECK OUT THE COMPETITION FROM MAPLE LEAF SOCCER CLUB AT mapleleafsoccer.com