The Archangel Cup Tournament
The Archangel Cup Tournament is a 13 year tradition amongst St. Michaels Soccer Club and Maple Leaf Soccer Club and provides the players and teams an opportunity for interleague play and to face opponents they would not face during the regular season.
SECOND ROUND SCHEDULE
Game times for the second round of tournament games are shown below.
Trophies are awarded to both the tournament champions and finalists and the winners in each division get their team name engraved on the coveted Archangel Cup trophy.
- One team will advance per group.
- If a team doesn't have 7 players dressed on the field 5 minutes past the scheduled start time for a 45 minute game or 10 minutes past the scheduled start time for a 90 minute game, the game will be defaulted and the score will be recorded 2-0.
- If the score is tied after regulation time (45 min/90 min), games will to straight to penalty kicks. Only players on the field at the end of regulation time will be eligible to take penalty kicks.
- There will be 5 penalty kicks for each team.
- If the score after regulation is 1-1 and the penalty kick result is 3-2 the final score of the game will be recorded as 2-1.
- Teams will be given 3 points for a win in regulation time, 2 points for a win after penalty kicks and 0 points for a loss.
- If teams are tied in points after the round robin, teams will be ranked on head to head matchups.
- If teams are still tied, teams will be ranked on goal differential.
- If teams are still tied, teams will be ranked by goals scored.
- If teams are still tied, all teams in the group will take penalty kicks against each other to determine who will advance to the next round.
- Teams advancing to the second round will have games scheduled later in the season - times TBA